* Check Cathy’s availability in her diary.
Cathy presents in English and in Spanish.
* Cathy O’Dowd equipment requirements
Cathy’s presentations are lavishly illustrated with spectacular photographs from her expeditions, shown on Keynote.
To share these with the audience, she requires:
- data projector with laptop connector lead
- hands-free (lapel or head-set) microphone
Cathy will supply her own laptop.
Her presentation can be made available before the event, if desired.
“We are delighted to have with us today a woman who has conquered one of life’s ultimate challenges, not once, but twice.
Cathy O’Dowd tackled the slopes of the world’s highest mountain four times, and reached its summit twice, becoming the first woman in the world to climb Mount Everest from both sides.
A mountain where every step has to be taken alone, but where nevertheless your life rests in the hands of your team-mates, is a striking example of the power of personal motivation combined with the strength of teamwork.
Today Cathy will be sharing with us some of the lessons learnt while tackling one of the world’s ultimate obstacles.
Please help me welcome … Cathy O’Dowd!”
A handsome book that makes a memorable conference gift.
Foreword by Sir Ranulph Fiennes, the world’s greatest living explorer.
Autographed copies are available for corporate clients at a bulk discount.
“Your book beautifully illustrates the fact that it is an inner journey as much as it is an outer one against nature’s harsh elements.” Ziah Hayat, South Africa
Hardcover with dust jacket
- 255mm x 175mm / 10″ x 6.9″
- 320 pages
- 40 colour photographs
- 72 black & white photographs
Also available in German: Aus Liebe Zum Berg
Custom dust jackets can be printed with the client’s logo on them or the books can be rebound in leather with the client logo embossed. Prices on application.
“I was climbing with you, suffering with you, smiling with you, freezing with you… You gave me and a million others a memorable example.” Rebeca Grötzchel, Austria
Fighting your way to the summit of a giant mountain, camp by camp, step by step, is the classic metaphor for tackling a big challenge. Build the conference around the mountain, culminating in Cathy O’Dowd’s keynote address.
- Photographs: use them in event invitations, PowerPoint background, conference posters, agendas, menus, etc. Available as high-resolution scans.
- Video: mix genuine Everest footage with company presentations.
- Equipment: build a mountain base camp in the foyer, dress a mannequin in Cathy O’Dowd’s Everest summit suit!
All photographs, video and equipment are provided at NO EXTRA COST.